Standard Cardholder Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to your GC Privé prepaid MasterCard®. Please visit www.gcprive.com for the latest version as these Terms and Conditions may have been updated or changed.
You must read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By using Your Card You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. If You do not accept these Terms and Conditions You should not use Your Card.
Your card is issued by and is the property of Paysafe Financial Services Limited (registered number 4478861), Compass House, Vision Park, Chivers Way, Cambridge CB24 9BZ, which is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 900015). Your card is not transferable.
“Account” means the prepaid account relating to Your Card established by Us in Your name.
“Card” means the GC Privé Prepaid MasterCard® issued to You under these Terms and Conditions.
“Card Account” means the electronic money account held by You with Us and provided to You by Us and subject to Our terms and conditions of use for such.
“Log-on ID” means the unique identifier You use to access Your Card Account.
“MasterCard” means MasterCard International Incorporated of New York or its successors or assigns.
“Merchant” means a retailer or any other person or firm or company providing goods and /or services that accepts cards displaying the MasterCard® acceptance symbol in payment for such goods and /or services.
“Online Account System” means the system and software used to run Your Card Account.
“PIN” means the personal identification number which We may issue or approve to be used with Your Card.
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions together with the Fees Summary, any supplementary terms and conditions and amendments from time to time that We may notify You of in accordance with the terms of section 14.
“Transaction” means any cash withdrawal or purchase of goods and/or services (as appropriate) completed by You using Your Card.
“Us” or “We” or “Our” means Paysafe Financial Services Limited and its subsidiaries and associated companies.
“Website” means www.gcprive.com
“You” or “Your” or “Cardholder” means the person entering into these Terms and Conditions with Us.
• Your use of Your Card is subject to the fees and charges set out in the Fees Summary on the Website. These fees and charges form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. Any or all of these fees/charges may be waived or reduced at Our discretion. Our fees/charges may change over time and we will notify you in advance of such changes in accordance with Section 3.1.
• Fees and charges will be paid from Your Card Account.
Scope of these terms and conditions
• These Terms and Conditions govern Your use of Your Card. We may change these Terms & Conditions from time to time by providing you with not less than 60 days’ notice of such changes.
• The up-to-date version of these Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Website. You should check the Website regularly so that You can see the latest version. You will be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any amendments to them. We recommend that You print off a copy of these Terms and Conditions for Your records.
• You will be issued with a Card and Account by Us. The funds for all Transactions are held on Your Card Account and no interest will be paid on these. When You make a Transaction using Your Card the value of the Transaction plus any associated fees (see Section 2) will be deducted from Your Card Account and used to complete the Transaction.
• Your Card is a prepaid card and the funds loaded onto Your Card are called electronic money. (See the Website for more details). Your Card is not a credit card, charge card or a debit card. You can only spend to the value of the funds that You load onto it. All Cards are issued by Us pursuant to a licence by MasterCard.
• The funds in Your Card Account are safeguarded by Paysafe Financial Services Limited in accordance with the Electronic Money Regulations 2011.
• To use a Card You must be at least 18 years old. We will also need to know some information about You. Before We can issue You a Card We will need to verify who You are, that means We will check Your identity and where You live. We may use third parties to obtain this information, which may also contain credit checks, on Our behalf.
• We reserve the right to refuse to issue You a Card.
• If You have any problems with Your Card please contact Customer Services (see Section 16 for details).
• When You receive a physical Card, You must sign it as soon as You receive it.
• By using Your Card You agree to abide by all local laws in relation to Your use of Your Card as relevant.
Use of your card
• You can use Your Card to purchase goods and services anywhere MasterCard® is accepted subject to there being sufficient funds in Your Card Account and subject to these Terms and Conditions. You can also withdraw cash at an ATM or financial institution displaying the MasterCard® logo or name subject to the relevant terms and conditions of the relevant provider of the ATM or relevant financial institution and there being sufficient funds in Your Card Account and the Merchant or financial institution being able to verify this online. Keep Your PIN safe and ensure that You log-off after all usage.
• There are withdrawal limits for the use of Your Card, please see the Website for details.
• Be aware that some ATM providers charge additional fees for the use of their ATMs and some Merchants add a surcharge for certain types of card. It is Your responsibility to check before proceeding with Your Transaction.
• We reserve the right to decline any Transactions at Our discretion. We shall not be liable in the event that a Merchant refuses to accept Your Card or if We do not authorise a Transaction, or if We cancel or suspend use of Your Card. Unless otherwise required by law, We shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage You may suffer as a result of Your total or partial use or inability to use Your Card.
• You must not spend more money on Your Card than You have in Your Card Account. We will take any such action seriously and take any steps necessary to enforce any actions against You.
• In certain sectors, Merchants such as car hire companies, hotels and other service providers will estimate the sum of money You may spend or for which You require authorisation. The estimate may be for more than the amount You spend or are charged. This means that some of the funds on Your Account may be held for up to 30 days and accordingly, You will not be able to spend this sum during this period. We cannot release such sum without authorisation from the Merchant.
• Merchants may not be able to authorise a Transaction if they cannot obtain online authorisation from Us. Any refunds for goods or services purchased with Your Card may only be returned as a credit to the Card. You are not entitled to receive refunds in cash.
• If, for any reason, a Transaction is processed that is more than the funds in Your Account, You will be responsible for paying the outstanding amount. You agree to pay Us the outstanding amount immediately on demand. We reserve the right to automatically debit such outstanding amount from any top-ups You subsequently make to Your Card Account.
• We may refuse to authorise a Transaction if We reasonably believe that You are not complying with these Terms and Conditions, or if We need to do so to keep within the rules of the payment scheme under which We issue Your Card, or if We reasonably believe that We need to do so to comply with any law or requirement of any applicable regulatory body.
• We accept no responsibility for the goods or services purchased by You with Your Card. All such disputes must be addressed directly with the Merchant providing the relevant goods or services. Once You have used Your Card to make a purchase, We cannot stop that Transaction.
• Transactions made using Your Card may require the use of Your PIN. All Transactions made using Your PIN are deemed to be authorised by You. You will be responsible for all Transactions made using Your PIN.
• We reserve the right to apply a monthly maintenance charge if no funds have been debited from or credited to your Card for a period of 60 days (excluding all and any fees and charges that we may apply).
• Cards are valid for a period of 24 months from the date of issue. The expiry date of your Card is printed on its front. You will not be able to use your Card once it has expired, although you will still be able to use your Account. We reserve the right to decline to issue a replacement Card.
• After the Cancellation Period you are responsible for all Transactions and fees charged to your Account.
• Depending on the method by which you choose to have your remaining Account balance refunded, a fee may be applicable which will be deducted from the balance of your Account. You may cancel your Card at any time by writing to us or emailing us (see section 16: Customer Service). You must also destroy your Card (see Appendix A) and send it to us to redeem any available funds held in your Account providing we believe that you have not acted fraudulently. However, we reserve the right to hold available funds for up to 15 business days after receipt of your Cancellation instructions before releasing them to you; this is to ensure that all pending Transactions have been received and settled.
Transactions made in foreign currencies
• If you use Your Card to purchase goods or services or withdraw cash in a currency other than the issue currency of Your Card, then such a Transaction will be converted to the currency of Your Card on the day We receive details of such a Transaction. We will use MasterCard® authorised rates applicable for such a Transaction. A foreign exchange fee will also apply (see Fees Summary on the Website for further details).
Card expiry & damage
• Your Card is valid for the period stated, unless its use is terminated earlier by Us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Transactions will not be authorised once Your Card expires.
• We may renew Your Card when it expires. If You ask, We may also replace a damaged Card. A Fee may apply (see Fees Summary on the Website).
• If You receive a refund of sums paid for goods and services on Your Card, the refund will be paid to Your Card Account. Your Card Account may only be used in accordance with its terms and conditions of use as agreed between You and Us.
Keeping your card safe
• You must keep Your Card safe. Your Card is personal to You and You must not give it to anyone else to use. You must take all reasonable precautions to prevent fraudulent use of Your Card.
• You will retrieve a PIN for Your Card and You must keep Your PIN safe. This means that when You retrieve Your PIN You must memorise it. You must keep Your PIN secret at all times. You must not disclose Your PIN to anyone including friends, family or Merchant staff. You must not write Your PIN down anywhere. You must not use Your PIN if someone else can see You typing it in.
• If You suspect that someone else knows Your PIN, please contact Customer Services immediately. If you forget your PIN you can access it through your online account.
• You need to keep Your Log-on ID safe and secure as it provides access to your account details and your physical Card PIN.
• We will not be responsible for any loss, costs or expenses whatsoever that You may suffer or incur if something that We are not reasonably able to control, including but not limited to defects relating to Your Card, stops or delays Us from doing something We are supposed to do under these Terms and Conditions.
• If You are affected by an incident which is Our fault, We will only be responsible for the direct financial loss You suffer as a direct result up to a maximum of the balance on Your Card (as relevant) at the time the incident occurred.
• If You have acted fraudulently, You will be liable for all losses on Your Card Account. If You act without reasonable care including by revealing Your PIN number or Log-On ID and this causes losses, You may be liable for them. In those circumstances, We reserve the right to charge You for any reasonable costs that We incur in taking action to stop Your Card being used and to recover any monies owed as a result.
• We accept no responsibility or liability for a Merchant or third party refusing to honour a Transaction on Your Card or for failing to cancel an authorisation.
• Your Card will only work when the Online Account System is working and from time to time Your ability to use Your Card may be interrupted, for example, when We carry out maintenance. If this happens, You may be unable (a) to use Your Card to pay for Transactions or (b) to obtain information about the funds available in Your Online Account and/or about Your recent Card Transactions. We will keep these periods down to as short a period as possible. Please notify Customer Services (see Section 16) if You have any problems using Your Card.
• If We know, or suspect or wish to prevent misuse of Your Card We may, without notice, refuse to approve a Transaction, cancel or suspend Your right to use Your Card for any purpose or refuse to replace any Card. We will not be responsible for or incur any liability for any loss or damage that You may suffer as a result.
Lost, stolen or damaged cards & unauthorised transactions
• You should treat the value on Your Card like cash in a wallet. If Your Card is lost or stolen or there is unauthorised use of Your Card, You may lose some or all of the value on Your Card Account in the same way as if You lost cash.
• If Your Card is lost or stolen or You suspect there may be unauthorised use of Your Card, or if Your Card is damaged or malfunctions, You must contact Customer Services without undue delay. If We ask, You must also write to Us within seven days to confirm the loss, theft or possible misuse. You will be asked to provide Us with Your Card number and other information so that We can identify You. If You believe that any Transaction posted to Your Card is unauthorised, has been posted in error or is otherwise incorrect, You must also let Us know immediately by contacting Customer Services (see Section 16). We may require You to provide details of Your complaint in writing.
• Your maximum liability for any unauthorised Transactions on Your Card is £50, unless our investigations show that any disputed Transaction was authorised by You, or You have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (for example by failing to keep Your Card or PIN secure or by failing to notify Us without delay on becoming aware of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of Your Card), in which case You will be fully liable for any loss We suffer resulting from the use of the Card.
• Once You have notified Us of the loss, theft, misappropriation or unauthorised use of Your Card, and, provided You have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence, We will refund the amount of any Transaction that occurs which Our investigations show were not authorised by You.
• Your Log-on ID is used to access Your Card information. If You suspect that Your Log-on ID or Your Card has been compromised You must contact Customer Services (see Section 16) without undue delay.
• You may be required to help Us, Our agents or any enforcement agency, at Our request, if Your Card is lost or stolen or if We suspect Your Card is being misused.
• If Your Card is reported lost or stolen We will cancel it and may issue a new one. A fee may apply (See Fees Summary on the Website).
• If You find Your Card after You have reported it lost, stolen or misused, You must destroy it and inform Us immediately.
• No refund will be made until any investigation that We need carry out is complete. We reserve the right not to refund sums to You if We believe that You have not acted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
• You can view Your Card Account balance and Transactions on the Website but to do so You will need to use Your valid Log-on ID. You are responsible for keeping Your Log-on ID secret. If You believe someone else is using Your Log-on ID or may know it You must contact Customer Services (see Section 16) immediately.
Cancellation, termination and suspension
• You may cancel Your Card at any time however a cancellation fee will apply (see the Website) save where you are cancelling following a change to these Terms and Conditions.
• To cancel Your Card You must notify Customer Services (see Section 16). You will be responsible for any Transaction You have made or charges incurred before You cancelled Your Card. Once We have been notified by You and, if applicable, received Your Card(s) We will wait 10 days for all Transactions to be processed and then refund the remaining balance of money to Your nominated bank Account.
• If You are cancelling following a change in these Terms and Conditions You will not be charged a cancellation fee and You will not be subject to the relevant change during the period between the relevant change being made by Us and Your cancellation of Your Card.
• We can terminate Your Card at any time if We give You two months’ notice and refund any remaining funds to Your nominated bank account.
• We can suspend or terminate these Terms and Conditions with You and Your use of Your Card immediately if You have not complied with these Terms and Conditions, or if We have reason to believe that You have used or intend to use the Card in a negligent manner or for fraudulent or other unlawful purposes or if We can no longer process Your Transactions for any legal or security reason or due to actions of any third party.
• We can suspend Your Card at any time with immediate effect if (a) We discover that any information You have provided is incorrect or incomplete; or (b) if a Transaction has been declined because of lack of available value in Your Card Account.
• If any Transaction, fee or charge is found to have been incurred on Your Card following cancellation or termination, You agree to pay all such sums to Us immediately on demand.
• We will collect and retain personal information about You so that We can operate Your Card Account and Card and deal with any inquiries that You may have about it.
• We are committed to keeping Your personal data secure. We will not pass information We hold about You to any third party other than:
-to fraud prevention and similar agencies and other organisations who may use the information to prevent fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing;
-to Our suppliers or service providers that process data on Our behalf;
-to persons acting as Our agents (and Our partners who sell Our Cards) under a strict code of confidentiality;
-to anyone to whom We transfer or may transfer Our rights and duties under Our Terms and Conditions with You;
-as required by law or regulation; and
-for such purposes that You have given Us consent to do so.
• As part of Our checks to prevent fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing We may share personal information that You provide with credit reference or fraud prevention agencies.
• If We transfer Your information to a third party in a country outside of the European Economic Area We will ensure that the third party agrees to apply the same levels of protection that We are legally obliged to have in place when We process personal data.
• If, when You apply for a Card, You opt in to receiving marketing information via email/mobile phone and/or do not opt out of receiving marketing information by telephone or post, We and third parties with whom We may share Your personal data, may from time to time contact You about products or services that We or they think may be of interest to You. If You no longer wish to receive such communications please contact Customer Services [or update Your preferences on the Website.]
• If We suspect that We have been given false or inaccurate information, We may record and report suspicion together with any other relevant information. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering and financing of terrorism.
• You have a right to inspect the personal data We hold about You however We will ask You to pay a fee to cover Our administration costs. For further information please contact Customer Services.
• If You are not satisfied with the service You are receiving You should provide written details of Your concerns to Customer Services (see Section 16). All queries will be handled in accordance with Our complaints procedure. Customer Services (see Section 16) will provide a copy of the complaint procedure upon request. You can also access the complaints procedure on the Website.
• If you have not received a satisfactory response within eight (8) weeks from the date of your complaint you may refer your complaint to the UK Financial Ombudsman service.
• You may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service by:
i. post addressing your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Services, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR, United Kingdom;
ii. telephone on 0845 080 1800; or
iii. email at email@example.com. The Financial Ombudsman Service’s website is www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
• Our Customer Service department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A Lost and Stolen reporting service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, just telephone Customer Services. You will need the permission of the bill payer before making the call. We may record any conversation You have with Customer Services for training and/or monitoring purposes.
• You can contact Customer Services by website at: www.gcprive.com
• You agree to waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action suit or proceeding against Paysafe Financial Services Limited, its affiliates, holding companies, subsidiaries, agents and subcontractors arising out of or relating to any dispute, claim or error and you also agree to opt out of any class proceedings against us.
• We encourage you to inspect your Card Account history online and to print or save a copy of all transaction data for future reference. If your Card Account history shows transactions that you did not make or authorise, you must notify us immediately upon identification or suspicion
• In these Terms and Conditions, headings are for convenience only and shall not affect interpretation and references to the singular shall include references to the plural and vice versa. Any delay or failure to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions by Us shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy or stop Us from exercising Our rights at any subsequent time.
• You may not novate, assign or transfer any rights and/or benefits under these Terms and Conditions. We may assign, transfer or novate Our rights and benefits and obligations at any time without prior written notice to You. We may subcontract any of Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
• In the event that any part of these Terms and Conditions are held not to be enforceable, this shall not affect the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
• You will remain responsible for complying with these Terms and Conditions until all Cards issued to Your Account are cancelled (in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) or have expired and all sums due under these terms and conditions have been paid in full.
• These Terms and Conditions are written and available only in English and all correspondence with You in respect of Your Account shall be in English. In the event that these Terms and Conditions are translated, the version in English shall take priority.
• These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
How to destroy your Card
To effectively and securely destroy your Card, use a pair of scissors to first cut from the bottom left hand corner diagonally up, through the centre of the chip and continue in a straight line through the magnetic strip to the top of the Card. Then make a second cut in the larger of the resulting two pieces, starting at the bottom of the Card and continuing up to the top of the Card through the centre of the signature panel and through the magnetic strip. Destroying your Card in this way makes it much harder for fraudsters to gain any useful information from it.